• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

deisel stain..

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

craw_daddy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Key Largo, FL

deisel stain..

Post by craw_daddy »

the previous owner accidentally dripped some 'off-road' deisel (stained pink) onto the cockpit bolsters. It shows up as bright pink on the white cushions. Does anyone have a cleaning suggestion?

Thanks,
--Dave
2006 28te 'Grace Full'
Key Largo, FL
chiefrcd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Deltaville, VA

Post by chiefrcd »

I clean my bolsters and seats with a Mr. Clean cleaning pad. Does a great job on marks and stains that nothing else seems to touch. I have also used ZUD for rust stains on vinyl as well. I'm not sure if either will work on diesel that has soaked into vinyl. You may well have a more perminant change in the vinyl as opposed to a stain. Let us know if you find anything that works.
Albin 28TE "Southwind"
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

Are you sure it's diesel? A pink stain in the vinyl might also be red wine. In either case, there's not much you can do years after the fact. Wine Away works on red wine when it's still wet, but once it dries the only way to get it out is years of repeated washing.
Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Post by Mike »

I have used Soft Scrub with good results. Make sure you remove the bolsters and clean them at home.
Time Out Annapolis
AlMar
Gold Member
Gold Member

bolster reccomendation

Post by AlMar »

Another choice would be to get some really cheap port wine, or maybe a fragrant Muscatel and make all the rest of the Bolsters a nice pink. (or Mauve if your one of those "metro" kind of guys. Fishblood might work too :)
AlMar
apage

re: red stains

Post by apage »

Hi all:

Red or rose colored stains on vinyl can also be a type of mold. I have heard of this and seen it before. It is a problem that exist when a piece of vinyl is not properly treated at the factory. From what I understand once it gets in there, it is impossible to get it out.

If you can remove bolster or the cushion inside and dry out from time to time, it will help prevent it. I have seen this on almost every type of boat including my parent's ski boat. If it is not mold, I use a product called FSR Fiberglass Stain Remover on glass stains. It might work on vinyl. It is really good stuff

Craw Daddy I see that you are in Melbourne. I am in need of a dealer on the East Coast of Florida preferably in the Stuart area, but would consider anyone who is centrally located. Do you have any ideas? Typically, I look for people who either carry bigger boats than Albins or smaller.

Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Andrew @ Albin Marine

Return to “General Discussion”