• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 28 TE out of MD call "Gypsy

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
pahter
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Rock Hall, MD

Albin 28 TE out of MD call "Gypsy

Post by pahter »

We are in the process of purchasing the boat and will have a survey in about 2cweeks. It has a Penninsular engine with ~630 hours the boat is a 1998. I have read here that there had been some issues with some of these engines on the 1997 tom 1999 models. Anyone have nay information on the "Gypsy" or how can verify the engine past the normal survey? I know that oil sample testing may not tell the condition of the engine at the time of the survey. Ant help would be appreciated. Thanks
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Waretown nj

Re: Albin 28 TE out of MD call "Gypsy

Post by Jeremyvmd »

The issue with a small number of motors was gm missdrilling the blocks. If you get the block number and call peninsular they will be happy to tell you if its in the possibly affected group. Not all were bad and it's hard to predict which will have issues...

Congrats on your upcoming purchase!
1989 Viking 45C “Knot Crazy”
1998 Albin 28te "Shady Lady" *sold*
1999 seagull nautico 19 "Purrrspective" *sold*
Native watercraft prostaff

Return to “New Member Introductions”