• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

What is behind dash?

Albin's "power cruisers"
rnummi
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: St. Petersburg Municipal Marina, St. Pete Fla.

What is behind dash?

Post by rnummi »

I know there is an air gap between pilothouse and head/closet on an A27. For those that have been there... Can you flush mount a Garmin 10 or 12 inch screen above the glove compartment?
RNummi
84 A27FC Lehman 4D61
Hull #84 April 1984
Beta Don
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Biloxi MS

Re: What is behind dash?

Post by Beta Don »

Not likely - Besides, that would make the screen perfectly vertical and below your eye level. Not the best scenario

Secondly, cutting up ones boat to install something with as short a shelf life as navigation electronics doesn't seem like a good idea - Be thankful the original owner didn't do that 30 years ago to mount his Loran receiver

But, to answer your original question, on my boat there are two 3/4 ply bulkheads separated by about 1/2 to 3/4 inch. I've cut a hole in the bulkhead behind the helm to gain an extra inch of depth for my motorized helm and that's about all the space there is

Don
1984 A27 FC #116 'Beta Carina'
Yanmar Turbo Intercooled 100 HP
Homeport Biloxi Back Bay
rnummi
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: St. Petersburg Municipal Marina, St. Pete Fla.

Re: What is behind dash?

Post by rnummi »

Thanks Don, I was looking at it this morning and agree. Seems like either right in your face on the chart platform (thus blocking forward view) or mounted at 40 degrees on the glove compartment top deck.
RNummi
84 A27FC Lehman 4D61
Hull #84 April 1984

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”