• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

A25 refrigeration

Albin's "power cruisers"
Northern Spy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Belhaven N.C.

A25 refrigeration

Post by Northern Spy »

Can any of you that have added refrigeration to an A25 give me some ideas? Right now I'm leaning toward a custom install using a danfoss BD35 with ac/dc and smart module running it mostly off solar. I would probably try to put the box under the starboard v berth lazarette or in the factory ice box location.
I also considered a standard marine fridge unit but they dont seem very well insulated and they are very bulky for what you get. My goal is to be able to make my boat better able to withstand about 4 days at anchor so I'm starting with the biggest power consumer.
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Denver

Re: A25 refrigeration

Post by kerrye »

If I ever add refrigeration I'll probably put an Engel fridge where the original icebox is.
Jay Knoll
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Vero Beach FL

Post by Jay Knoll »

check out my comments on installing refrigeration in my 27FC under the "Better Days Refit" thread. I've been running it at the dock for the past month, just off the solar panels. House voltage hasn't dropped below 13.4, I often check it early in the morning before the sun is directly on the panels.
Northern Spy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Northern Spy »

Jay, reading your build is what got me motivated!
2manyboats
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Florida-Maine and in-between

Post by 2manyboats »

The 25 I bought last fall has a Isotherm refrigerator installed where the ice box used to be. The PO opened up the liner,and added a shelf above. I think it makes a lot of sense, plus adds storage space. I'm going to the boat tomorrow and will try to get pictures and measurements.
First Light
25 Albin FC
38 Beta
Northern Spy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Northern Spy »

Thanks I would appreciate that. If you see a model number that would be helpful as well. How is your power consumption? What kind of battery power do you have?
2manyboats
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 2manyboats »

I just spent 30 minutes replying and trying to attach pictures and lost everything. E-mail me at wclark01Gmail.com; that I can make work.
First Light
25 Albin FC
38 Beta
2manyboats
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 2manyboats »

photo 1.JPG
Ok I have more time and will try again. I guess you lose everything by trying to save as a draft.

The PO cut the liner about 3" aft of the cabin bulkhead; 5" off the cabin sole; aft to the elec. inlet. The opening is 25" high and 27" long with a shelf top and bottom about 14" wide. This makes a really nice space for storage as well for the fridge. My Origo 4000 fits on the top shelf and I will probably do most of the cooking there, keeping the heat, moisture and smells out of the cabin.
First Light
25 Albin FC
38 Beta
Northern Spy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Northern Spy »

Sorry about your trouble, I have trouble with the forum sometimes also. Thanks for the effort, it looks like a pretty nice install. How is power consumpton on that unit?
2manyboats
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 2manyboats »

Sorry I don't have any information on that yet. I bought this boat in November and only have taken a two hour shake down cruise. Hopefully I will get to spent a few days on it around the end of the month.

The fridge is a Classic 49 I believe, which is supposed to be as good as anything else. I plan on installing 2 group L-16 batteries next week. Solar panels are a future purchase, after the auto pilot.
First Light
25 Albin FC
38 Beta

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”