• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Flush Deck Heater Plug Replacement

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Flush Deck Heater Plug Replacement

Post by Carl »

IMG_1444.JPG
IMG_1443.JPG
IMG_1441.JPG

Yanmar mech said it was time to replace the heater plugs basically because I had not done it yet since new, and over 1200 hrs. More of a preventative maintenance thing. He was going to do it while putting all the raw water coolers back on which he had removed to sonically clean, re-seal and pressure check. He commented that on the flush deck albin 28's that you have to notch the fiberglass flange that the hatch seals to. I called furball who also has a flush deck to confirm this and sure enough, he had them replaced due to a failure, and they had to notch as described. The mechanic had done everything but the plugs because he had forgotten his grinder. I went to check on the boat and saw that he had left the new heaters on the engine and decided to replace them myself. Tried to remove one and sure enough, you could not get it out. Took a short piece of 1 by and clamped it to the flange, took a 1 1/8" hole saw and angled it down so I removed what was needed but maintained the integrity of the gutter so water would make it to the drain and not dump onto the motor. When I go back I will seal with epoxy and caulk the fiberglass chunks back in place.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"

Return to “Albin Maintenance”