• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New to the Albin Owners Group

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Re: New to the Albin Owners Group

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Paul,

Hmmm, was interesting looking up those Crosby boats. Had never heard of them, but I could see where you might have seller's remorse for letting yours go. There are several Crosby types including the 26 tug, the 24 striper, and the 29 cruiser. Was yours a tug or cabin cruiser type?

As to the Albin 25 in Mobile, you mean this one?
00g0g_eO7LkvIAXJU_600x450.jpg
http://mobile.craigslist.org/boa/5418173842.html

If indeed this boat is hull #801 it's a 1971, not 1970, within 65 hull numbers down the production line from our #736, almost certainly the full displacement hull. Seller says it's 20 HP, but the 2GM20F is really a 16 HP motor at cruising RPM, so might find it a tad under powered, but otherwise they're good engines. Still the price certainly looks reasonable and leaves room for spending some on repairs and upgrades without breaking the bank. Just have to find a trailer for it. Tell you what, if this boat had come up for sale at this price when we were looking for an Albin 25, I would have driven the 1,700 miles from Phoenix to Mobile to grab it in a heartbeat. And you're only 2 hours away from Mobile. In fact, if I had a big enough yard to park it in and didn't think my wife would kill me I would go get this one to bring home to refurb & sell a at profit, 'cuz with a good engine and a new $4K trailer, unless it's totally trashed inside it would be worth at least an even $14K or more. Plus it's a fresh water boat.

According to this Albin 25 history posted on the Albineers of BC club website boats built in 1970 spanned hull numbers 143-664, and 1971 spanned hull numbers 665-1126.

http://www.albinbc.com/home/albin-25-history

Actually our boat is very much like this one in Mobile except our Yanmar is a 3GM30F which is a 24 HP engine. And we have that exact same sail rig that came with it but is not installed.

By the way, we have some sailing friends from Arizona now living in NOLA. The husband is Ed Huntsman & works with the recreational boating safety program at the Coast Guard district HQ. They sail a red and white Santana 2023 sailboat named "Bliss" on Lake Ponchartrain. Also have a cousin who just retired as civilian technical director and chief hydrographer for the NOA Fleet Survey Team at Stennis Space center and lives in Bay St. Louis.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
Paul Nelson
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: New Orleans, Louisiana

Re: New to the Albin Owners Group

Post by Paul Nelson »

Yes, my little Pelican was a cabin cruiser.. bmw 50 HP diesel, a/c and heat, auto pilot.. just lovely.. but..
moving on.. Re the Mobile.. maybe heading over next week. Us banana republic city is still in sad shape
when it comes to our municipal yacht harbor.. still destroyed since Katrina.. .. So docking is still iffy.. which is
why the Pelican and I went separate ways. All that said, I keep an eye out for the Santana and Ed Huntsman.
All this reminds the smallness of our boating community ! Paul

Return to “New Member Introductions”