• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

28 te exhaust boot leak

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

socalmike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: san diego

28 te exhaust boot leak

Post by socalmike »

Anyone ever have a leak where the exhaust exits the boat (port side)? There is a stainless trim piece on the outside of the boot and I have a small leak where the boot meets the hull. Looks like a remove and reseal job but any info is appreciated. Our boat is in the water year round so we will have to have it pulled to fix. Thanks.

Mike
carolmarie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essex, New York

Re: 28 te exhaust boot leak

Post by carolmarie »

Mike:
I had the same exhaust hull flange leak shortly after launch day last May. Fix was exactly as you expressed. Boat pulled and SS flange reseated. Before you pull the boat however, be sure to check the two hose clamps just inside the hull behind the flange for tightness. Don (2001, 28TE).
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Post by catalina_mike »

Mine weeps just a little moisture not a drip. I have it on the list for the next haulout.
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal
socalmike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: san diego

Post by socalmike »

I have to put a new temp sensor in as well so I will go in the sling for an afternoon. We have a deal in the yard that we can haul out at 3 pm and stay in the slings for repair as long as we can be put back in the following am. Still almost 400.00 bucks

Mike
djpeewee
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Angeles/On Driveway

Post by djpeewee »

Ours leak(ed)s. The biggest problem originally was when under way. The water would force itself under the leading edge of the exhaust flange. I removed the mounting screws and pried up the exhaust flange from the outside or the hull with a large screw driver and a couple of wood shims. Only about a quarter of an inch, but it allowed me to shoot some SikaFlex under it to seal it (almost). I beveled a bead of SikaFlex on the leading edge to create a "ramp" that would ease the transition of the water when it hit the edge. It still weaps a bit, but no more when under way.
DJ
TRYGON
28 TE Flush Deck

Return to “Albin Maintenance”