• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

61 HP Lehman or Peugeot Maintenance

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

hardalee1
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Anacortes, WA

61 HP Lehman or Peugeot Maintenance

Post by hardalee1 »

I am about to make offer to purchase Albin 27 with 61 HP Lehman which really is a Peugeot and so far I'm concerned about parts and maintenance of this engine? It has 2200 hours. Are there parts available or is is really difficult? I've read about a lot of replacements of this engine on this forum so I'm concerned?
rnummi
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: St. Petersburg Municipal Marina, St. Pete Fla.

Re: 61 HP Lehman or Peugeot Maintenance

Post by rnummi »

Hop in, the waters are warm and balmy. Seriously though, I've found a ton of replacement parts after having the same thought. American Diesel has most everything you need. There are a lot of folks on this board with the same engine.... No body is stuck w/o an engine so far..... Mine has 3000 plus hrs.
RNummi
84 A27FC Lehman 4D61
Hull #84 April 1984
hardalee1
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Anacortes, WA

Post by hardalee1 »

Thank you for the quick reply and parts source of American Diesel.
Beta Don
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Biloxi MS

Post by Beta Don »

The engine is a Lehman marinized Peugeot 504 2.1 liter automotive engine. The non-marine parts (pistons, rings, bearings etc) can be bought from www.rockauto.com. Look up a 1975 Peugeot 504 2.1 liter diesel on their website and you will find most of the common parts listed there

Don
1984 A27 FC #116 'Beta Carina'
Yanmar Turbo Intercooled 100 HP
Homeport Biloxi Back Bay
rnummi
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: St. Petersburg Municipal Marina, St. Pete Fla.

Post by rnummi »

Attached are the various sections of the Indenor XD90 Peugeot Shop Manual (the Lehman 4D61). It's for an obsolete engine, and is not copyrighted. Hopefully it will help you out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
RNummi
84 A27FC Lehman 4D61
Hull #84 April 1984

Return to “Albin Maintenance”