• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

WIPER BLADES

Bill R
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Toronto

WIPER BLADES

Post by Bill R »

It's time to replace the 3 wiper blades on my 2005 28 TE. It has Ongaro motors driving flat tipped arms holding Duralast black metal blades. Locating the 16 inch blades with the correct end connection is the problem.

I went to Autozone for the Duralast blades but the new blades fit J tipped arms and do not have any adapters.

Has anyone had any luck finding blades that fit the flat tipped arms with the small hole in the end?

Thanks.
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Re: WIPER BLADES

Post by Pitou »

I've found it hard to find a standard blade to fit the Ongaro arm with an exact fit and just go OEM with Ongaro blades. Sometimes I find the convenience is worth the few extra dollars.

Here's a link to the Ongaro 16" at Defender:
http://www.defender.com/product3.jsp?pa ... &id=108364
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
johnmurray
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by johnmurray »

Noticing that Bill is from Toronto, I found something that fitted at Canadian Tire.
John Murray...Albin 30FC..."katie G"...Ottawa Canada
drbob
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Cape Harbour, Cape Coral, FL

Post by drbob »

There are two types of single arms, the one that has the hook (automotive) and the flat one (marine). West Marine sells the blades for the marine flat arm and most everyone sells the blades for the automotive hook (Walmart, AutoZone, etc.).

I, unfortunately have both on my A28TE. Since I also use "RainX" on my windshield, I try to buy the RainX blades.

Sizing: You can use anything from a 15 inch blade for the port/starboard windshield and a 17 inch for the center windshield. The 14 inch gives enough coverage, but it steps down a size and becomes too small for the arm (auto style). Even the adapter is too small.

Bob DeGroot
2005 A28TE Engine Box

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”