• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Thank You for Bilge Pumps

RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thank You for Bilge Pumps

Post by RicM »

Spent the weekend installing a salt water washdown. What should have been a simple job took the better part of 3 days and almost sunk me. I teed off the through hull that feeds the AC near the batteries. Worked great after I replaced the hose fitting (outlet in the sternward starboard gunnel ) that was apparently defective. Nylon & brass adaptors both leaked under pressure from the threads, even with tons of teflon tape. New hose fitting worked perfectly. By chance we decided to spend the night on the boat. At 4 AM I woke up to the sound of a bilge pump running every 10 minutes. Opened the hatch and found a river running through it! The SW washdown produces about 60 PSI. The AC side was apparently not plumbed to that standard. One of the AC hoses blew off and was pouring water into the bilge! Yikes! Easy fix but it sure was scary at 4AM!
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
chiefrcd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Deltaville, VA

Post by chiefrcd »

Heck of a way to clean out your bilge.....very lucky indeed....
Albin 28TE "Southwind"
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Post by JackK »

That's pretty scary. It's a good thing you were on board.

It may be a good idea to open the bib and release the pressure after shutting off the washdown pump.

Jack
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”