• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Easy Impeller Changes on 6LY with custom tools

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Grey Eagle
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: HUNTINGTON NY

Easy Impeller Changes on 6LY with custom tools

Post by Grey Eagle »

Greetings,

Although I don't own an Albin, I have found this site to be a wealth of information....especially when it comes to the Yanmar 6LY's.

The info on this site suggested that the easiest way to change the raw water impeller was to remove the whole pump assembly, and as I'm sure you know some of the bolts are a bitch to get to.

So I figured there had to be a better way. See the attached picture of how I modified a SEADOG impeller puller. Getting rid of the T Handle and welding on a Nut makes impeller removal a snap.

Using a simple Bar Clamp as well as a Socket to push against makes sliding the new impeller in very easy.

With thees tools I was able to change an impeller in 15-20 minutes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.

Return to “Albin Maintenance”