• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

tachometer wierdness Isuzu 157

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

coolchange
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portland Oregon

tachometer wierdness Isuzu 157

Post by coolchange »

Hi all...I have an Isuzu 157 engine and the tachometer problem started just this last trip..tach bouncing both above and below...mostly above the actual rpm by 2-8000 rpm

It is clear that the engine (6cyl Isuzu diesel) is not surging or falling off at anytime during this bouncing.

I looked at past threads and see that I need to check wires for corrosion...anyone able to head me toward the correct location of the sender on this engine...

You can save me a lot of "upside down" time hanging over the engne and it will be appreciated.

any and all help appreciated.
1989 Albin 27 FC w/ Isuzu 157 hp, Ford 6.0 Diesel, giant trailer
6th, and most favorite boat yet
Cruising: Columbia River Portland to Bar, San Juans, Gulf Islands,
Desolation Sound, Sunshine Coast, Broughton Islands
Jay Knoll
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Vero Beach FL

Re: tachometer wierdness Isuzu 157

Post by Jay Knoll »

Follow the grey wire from the tach thru the harness to the engine (that is if they were using current color codes)

Sorry that's all I've got, I just checked my engine manual, nothing about the wiring there

I had a similar problem, all my guages going crazy, it was a bad ground (actually a series of bad grounds, but now they're all at one point

Return to “Albin Maintenance”