• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Dodged a Bullet

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

seasalt
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: SW Florida

Dodged a Bullet

Post by seasalt »

As part of the annual service, my mechanic removed the heat exchangers and after coolers from my 370 hp 6BTA's. In addition to needing cleaning he said that the last time they were removed they were improperly reinstalled. Instead of the mandatory new O-Rings on the after coolers the "tech" used gasket sealer with the old ones. A failure here will cause water to enter the engine.

New O-rings are readily available from Cummins and from Seaboard Marine. Seaboard has a kit containing both sizes of O-Rings that were used along with complete instructions on which set to use. They will talk you through process over the phone.

Also got two new house batteries...Deka 8D AGM's...to replace same brand installed in May 2008. Not bad.

Ron
Ron
Hi Spirits (sold)
35 TE SF
Punta Gorda, FL
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Re: Dodged a Bullet

Post by whwells »

Ron: With all these desirable repairs and upgrades are you still planning to sell? Fine boat to let get away.
I know!
whwells "Howard"
X 35te flybridge
seasalt
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: SW Florida

Re: Dodged a Bullet

Post by seasalt »

Howard,

Hi Spirits is now listed with Pier One Yacht Sales in Punta Gorda, FL. This week the cleaned heat exchangers, after coolers and transmission coolers are being reinstalled. Then the oil and filter changes. The repaired ice maker should be in tomorrow. Next week she will be waxed and detailed and ready to show.
Ron
Hi Spirits (sold)
35 TE SF
Punta Gorda, FL

Return to “Albin Maintenance”