• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Marin Aire Vs, Marine Air

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Serenity
In Memorium
Home Port: East Islip Anglers, New York

Marin Aire Vs, Marine Air

Post by Serenity »

I recently purchases an Marin Aire ac unit for Serenity. I thought I was buying a Marine Air unit because there is an excellent AC/Marine service on Long Island. Nevertheless, product is installed and I am waiting for the temps to get above 50 to run and experiment with the unit. Does any one have any comments on either one, particularly the Marin unit. With this weather upon us, it appears we may be using the heat cycle more than the AC side.
Max
Serenity 98 28TE
East Islip, Long Island, New York
River Dawg
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: St. Marys, GA

Re: Marin Aire Vs, Marine Air

Post by River Dawg »

That's interesting, I've never heard of the "Marin Aire" line only Marine air. I'm having problems with the unit(s) installed in our Albin 36. The compressors are by Lunaire Marine; a model RCS-12H for the aft end and a model RCS-09H for up forward. My problem apparently is in a printed circuit board, made by Ocean Marine, model no. 106-3040. It appears that its job is to turn on the water pump when the compressors start up. It pumps sea water around and or thru the compressors much like a water source heat pump does I suppose. It all worked fine when I bought the boat 1.5 years ago, but some time back the pump has stopped running. There is 115V going to the printed ckt. bd., but nothing coming out to the pump. From what I can tell these ckt. bds. are no longer made. There is a company named "Ocean Marine" but they make sonar systems. I have considered using a simple relay that would kick in when the compressor starts and would send 115V to the pump. Has anyone out there had a similar problem with these old systems ?
P.hydrick
1990 36' Classic
St. Marys, GA
Serenity
In Memorium

Post by Serenity »

I did ask Marin Aire about parts, since I had never heard of them. Their response was that they could diagnose the problem the problem over the phone and send me the part to have an AC guy install it. Marin Aire is in Miami.

Good Luck
Max
Serenity 98 28TE
Serenity
In Memorium

Post by Serenity »

The Marin Aire system. 6000 btu works great on the 28 Albin. It is extremely quiet and does a great job. My total cost was $2700 installed
Max
Serenity 98 28TE

Return to “Albin Maintenance”