• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Winter 2014 Projects

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

rcwhite
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Southport Maine

Re: Winter 2014 Projects

Post by rcwhite »

Like all projects, the list grew a bit. At one point, water must have been allowed to freeze in the keel so we opened it up and made repairs with new bulkheads, foam etc. With the tanks out it was a good time to take care of this.
Things are coming along with the tanks and pumps back in, new hoses, vents etc., and the deck closed up.

With the access a little better before the battery box goes back in I went to replace the seals on the shafts
and found they were run short on water at some point so I am replacing the works. Tomorrow I plan to install the new dripless seal kits, get the props back on, cutters, zincs etc. Looking forward to being able to get out of the bilge!!

Repaired the pulpit & deck due to poor windlass installation and remounted the windlass with new chain and
backing plate.

Other little stuff like bilge pump wiring and switches, waste hoses (the common white wall hose isn't suitable
for areas that winterize), muffler supports & clamps and any other under deck item I didn't like.

Aside for some varnish, most of the pretty work will need to wait for another time. The
mechanicals are the priority for this year.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.

Return to “General Discussion”