• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Television antennas

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Fogg~Dogg
Gold Member
Gold Member

Television antennas

Post by Fogg~Dogg »

Does anyone have experiences with KVH or Shakespeare television antennas? I'm considering a satellite antenna...but with the unit and the mast to affix to our 28TE radar arch...it's closing in on $5,000! How well do the Shakespeare nmodels work? I'm cruising from Boston to Booth Bay Harbor...do the antennas bring in the Boston, Portland, and/or Bangor signals? Thanks!

FYI, I posted a problem with vibration in my rudder late last year. The boat was splashed yesterday, and I hope to run it today. We found an undersized connecting pin in an arm on the rudder mechanism...the pin allowed the arm to rotate and vibrate a bit. Hope that's it!
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

We have one of the cheap white disc style antennas (not KVH or Shakespeare). It isn't even worth having on board. Even when moored less than a mile from the transmitters, the picture is fuzzy and worthless.

Instead, I preload my laptop with recorded tv shows and movies and watch them on that.

Return to “General Discussion”