• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
W David
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Belfast, ME

Post by W David »

In the process of buying an Albin 30 Family Cruiser. Any info on this site.
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Re: New member

Post by Mark Deeser »

Welcome W David, what an honor to be the first to be able to welcome you to this site. I can not answer your question about the Albin 30 as I have done no reshearch on that model. I do know though, there is a snoot full of information on the 27 Albin, I looked. Welcome, learn an enjoy. Thanks Mark
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Post by Tree »

W David wrote:In the process of buying an Albin 30 Family Cruiser. Any info on this site.
Good Morning - you will no doubt find a wealth of information from the group about these - there are a number of owners here.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
W David
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Belfast, ME

Post by W David »

As of this date I have received no information on my 1977 Albin 30 Family Cruiser !!
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

W David wrote:As of this date I have received no information on my 1977 Albin 30 Family Cruiser !!
Have you clicked on "Search" ?
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
special k
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: mystic

Post by special k »

W David wrote:In the process of buying an Albin 30 Family Cruiser. Any info on this site.

yes there is.
kathylsails
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Bern, NC

Post by kathylsails »

Hey, it will be great to have another FC 30 owner in the group! I did not realize that they made them in 1977. The fiberglass and workmanship were probably much better back then! Anyway, we LOVE our boat. We have found that, as far as most things go, following the 28 TE threads are helpful, since the boats are pretty much the same from the pilot house forward.
"KP Duty" Albin 30 FC
kathylsails
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kathylsails »

Do you have a picture of your boat? I tried to look online but 1977 Albin FC 30 searches came up with trawlers and "sold" notifications.
"KP Duty" Albin 30 FC
Myrkk
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Moss Landing CA

Post by Myrkk »

Hello Guys,

I am new to this site, it appears this is the place to be for Albin owners. My father and I purchasing Albin 31te dual yanmar diesel engines.

I am hoping for find some info on what I can expect from this rig.

Thanks in advance.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Myrkk: Welcome to the group. There are a number of the 31's on the West Coast. There are several in the PNW Group. Lots of room and great fishing boats as well.
My former Albin also had the Yanmar twin 315's. Great package. They will troll fine on a single engine as well. Although my home is in Trinidad, Ca north of you I an active in the PNW Group in Wash. State.
Where did you find the 35te?
whwells "Howard"
2006 Saber Flybridge 42
Former: 35te Albin Flybridge
2004 Osprey Pilothouse 22 local fisher
Myrkk
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Moss Landing CA

Post by Myrkk »

whwells: Thanks for the awesome reply. In the bay area we were inspecting a 28 albin, and our offer was decline, and the salesman said it older brother will becoming up for sale. We had a look at it put in a strong offer that was accepted. ATM we are getting a sea trial in two weeks, and awaiting on the results for the survey. I believe the Yanmar engines we are getting are 350hp each. How many different yanmars options were there for this boat?
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tree »

kathylsails wrote:Do you have a picture of your boat? I tried to look online but 1977 Albin FC 30 searches came up with trawlers and "sold" notifications.

I'm sure its not the same boat unless there was a typo and the OP meant to say 1997?
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
kathylsails
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kathylsails »

I'm not at all sure it is the same boat, either. Did they make the 30 FC in 1997? Or, maybe someone called a 1977 30' trawler "FC" by mistake? When researching, I found an ad for "1977 Albin 30 Family Cruiser" on Boats.com, but clicking on it got me to a "sold" notice, and then there was the ad that I cut and pasted below. W David, please come back on the forum and solve this little mystery for us! :-)

1977 ALBIN YACHTS 30 TRAWLER IN HUDSON, FL
This is a rare Albin 30 Family Cruiser. You are going to love the unique layout and the feel of this classic Swedish design. Built rugged for the Baltic Sea but at home in anywhere in the world! The 30" draft gets you places most vessels of this size would never go. It was designed to be able to beach and the pocket keel protects the running gear. Great design!

This beauty has been kept in fantastic condition by the current owner and you will appreciate the attention to detail. This vessel requires nothing to set off to distant ports in style and comfort.

You will also appreciate the strong and efficient Perkins 6 cylinder diesel that only has 1200 hours and have been very well maintained. The stainless steel 80 gallon fuel tank gives plenty of range for those long trips. Fuel burn is 1.5 gallons at 8.5 mph. All service manuals and records have been kept for the next owner.

The layout is extremely comfortable with a nice aft cabin with twin bunks and a sink. Dine in forward cabin or on the deck if you prefer. Fantastic galley with custom pull out cabinetry, full size sink, good counter space, Fridge, Origo stove with oven and plenty storage throughout. The 10' beam provides a very spacious feel to this beauty!

Equipped with all the electronics necessary to feel confident whether island hopping, day tripping or tackling the great loop. She has already completed the loop once already and is ready to go again!

You must see this one to truly appreciate this vessel. There was only three ever brought to North America and none are in this condition. Truly a rare find!

INFORMATION ON CONDITION
Turn key ready. Everything works and is in good condition. Quite impressive!

Heavy duty construction throughout. Solid hull and decks with top quality hardware used in construction of this one.
"KP Duty" Albin 30 FC
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tree »

Interesting. Even the beam is the same as yours.

More research is required!
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Tree wrote:I..More research is required!
Or feedback from the OP :?:
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.

Return to “New Member Introductions”