• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Purchasing Albin 31te 2003, what are your thoughts?

Myrkk
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Moss Landing CA

Purchasing Albin 31te 2003, what are your thoughts?

Post by Myrkk »

Hello Albin owners,

My father and I are in the middle of purchasing an Albin 31 te 2003. The offer was accepted and now we are waiting on the results of the survey. Everything we can see looks amazing but you never know. I wanted to pick your thoughts about the boat.

What do you like?
What do you not like?
What should I be looking for?
What should I be prepared for?
It has dual Yanmar Diesel engies 6LYA-STE, what can we expect to be the average fuel consumption for the ocean?

Thanks in advance guys, look forward to see what you all have to say.
irishwake
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pensacola, Florida

Re: Purchasing Albin 31te 2003, what are your thoughts?

Post by irishwake »

Great boat, lots of room,very seaworthy,built like a rock and as far as mine goes good on fuel. I do have a single engine model so that will be different that a twin engine model as far as fuel consumption and handling. Good luck on your new purchase!
sharffj
First Mate
First Mate

Post by sharffj »

Love the room for a 31 footer. Is more spacious the it looks. Good ocean boat and comfortable enough for 2 of us to spend 3 to 4 weeks cruising up coast of BC. Albacore fishes vey well as has a nice clean wake, but doesn't troll down enough for salmon unless you add trolling valves. If you're up on the plane fuel consumption will be somewhere in neighborhood of 1.25-1.5 miles per gallon depending on load of fuel, water ice etc. Cruises between 16-20knots (2700-3000) depending on sea and how hard we need to push. Can get more but fuel consumption suffers. if run it as displacement hull (8 Knots) get somewhere around 3 mpg. Handles both a head sea and a following sea well. Just use your trim tabs to adjust accordingly for ocean conditions.
some of the 31's had leakage problems where the deck was attached to the hull. Many of the screws were not properly caulked. If you experience this remove the rub rail and recaulk every screw. Then run caulk under the rub rail prior to reattaching it. Will solve the problem
Myrkk
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Moss Landing CA

Post by Myrkk »

Irishwake: Thanks for the reply

Sharffj: Thanks to you also. Great info. I will be on the look out for the leaks. Where is your Albin docked?
sharffj
First Mate
First Mate

Post by sharffj »

Stays up in Anacortes most of the year, and then in July or August run it down offshore to Hammond at mouth of Columbia for salmon and tuna.
Mike Ebert
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Sausalito, CA

Post by Mike Ebert »

Hi, I have a 2000 31TE that has the same engines as yours. Set up for trolling with a trolling valve and I can easily maintain 1-1.5 mph when fishing for salmon. It is berthed in Sausalito and I would be happy to show it to you and go through it in detail to give you some pointers. I can also introduce you to the Yanmar distributor in Sausalito who does my yearly tune up and oil change.
CATCHALL
31 ft. TE
Sausalito, CA

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”