• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

THE NEXT ADVENTURE

Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Re: THE NEXT ADVENTURE

Post by Tree »

RobS wrote:
Tree wrote:I am assuming upgalley is in the main cabin?

Just browsing boats Howard and came across this one - single station but does have the upgalley if I am understanding correctly?

http://www.boatshop24.com/en/albin-35-c ... 5LTZVPo.97
Too funny - That's Ron's boat!
That advert is out of date then!
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
seasalt
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: SW Florida

Post by seasalt »

I thought that boat looked familiar.

Before and After canvas color changed. https://www.dropbox.com/s/9iidsmsi3lvql ... .docx?dl=0
Ron
Hi Spirits (sold)
35 TE SF
Punta Gorda, FL
bob p

Post by bob p »

I have a 35' Command Bridge and love it. In response to some of you concerns: I found that by keeping the front shield clean and polished the water beads up and runs off without impacting visibility. I also find the V Drive provides good access to servicing the fan belt, impeller, fuel filter, etc. I have the 370 Yanmar and to achieve your trolling speed you would definitely need a trolling valve. I have also found it easy to leave the helm station to reel in a fish
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Halycon: Happy to hear there are some with the duel stations. Don't see how one could get down from the upper station with fish on in time to make the catch. Would always be changing positions with your fishing partner.
Your boat looks great. Are you tired of it yet? You could sell it to me and then come fish when you are out in Seattle to visit with family. Hell, you could just take it out - keep a key even. Does it get any better? Could you send me a picture of the salon? Have never seen the up galley salon area with twin stations. There were a few made. Right after purchasing Nibbles one came up in NY duel stations, up galley even with water maker. Looked really great.
It has left and never showed up in our AOG.
If I don't find a replacement for Nibbles soon will drive everyone crazy.
Howard
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

Bob P. Thank you for the information on the Command Bridge. Have always liked the lines and the roomy interior of the boat. There are none out west to my knowldge although seems to me they would be perfect in So. Cal.
Any noise issues with the V drive. My Whaler had twin 350's with V drive and was very noisy.
Other issue I have is the smaller windows of the cabin. In the NW we need lots of big windows to bring in the outdoors. Do you have a trollng valve?
Wish there were one close enough to go on board. Maybe if there is one out west I can get an invite to check out the boat up close.
At the moment I am still praying that rare 35te Flybridge up galley will pop up. Next would be the 36 Express Trawler 2003-2004 series.
Also considering the 36 Saber Flybridge up galley. They are as rare it seems as Albin but beautiful boats.
Problem is I do not want to leave the Albin Family. Just have to get ready for the next NW Rendevous with a boat.
Howard
Halcyon
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Halcyon »

Howard, here are some interior pictures. We upgraded from an 120V electric range to Propane for anchoring out.
I have also modified the upper settee to slide out into a double bed, similar to the factory set up.
We are not tired of the boat at all and my twins will be three next summer so hopefully we will get in some overnights with them.

Moving it to the PNW is tempting, but there are lots of nice boats already there! I'm trying to talk my brother in law into buying one for me to sponge off.
PICT0008.JPG
PICT0110.JPG
Next 'cruising' modification is to hinge the lower station helm seat so it will fold forward opening up additional counter space.
I did look at one other galley-up model in my search. It was a mid 90's boat that was fished hard, by big guys! All the anodized finish was worn off the tower and when the twin Beast's fired up everything shook. He was still asking $125K! Best of luck!

Trav
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

Yes, nice boat and it is Ron's back when Chuck had it listed.
Howard
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

Wow Trav. That's one good looking salon / galley area in your boat. Could you post some pictures of the port side setee / bunk too? I do like the galley up!

Thanks - Kevin
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”