• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Refridgeration/freezers

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Captcrunch
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: none

Refridgeration/freezers

Post by Captcrunch »

On the 36, I see a what looks like a larger bar fridge. I also see some people advertising their boats with fridge and extra large freezer area. My questions is, where do you put the "other" freezer. I would not think that the fridge/freezer would hold very much.
If a separate freezer is used, where would you put it and what would be the best make/model etc. to get.

Les
crowra
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Full time cruiser

Re: Refridgeration/freezers

Post by crowra »

Les,

Here is our arrangement. We have an ice maker that doesn't work (it doesn't make cubes) so we use it as a 'spare' freezer and/or to make blocks of ice to keep the beer in the cooler nice and cold. We never really used it as an ice maker anyway. One of the last things I want to be awakened to at 0200 is the sound of a fresh tray of cubes crashing into the bin. The freezer in the fridge is small but holds more than you might expect -- same with the fridge. There's more about this in these two links:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=6717&start=15&hilit=vitrifrigo

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4459&p=26289&hilit ... ker#p26289

Vitrifrigo makes Sea Drawers "http://www.vfamerica.com/eng/dw100-technical-data.html" that you may be able to find a spot for?

Rob
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Ka'Why Knot
Rob & Sharon Crow
1987 36' Double Cabin
meridian
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Looper

Post by meridian »

The original space was turned into storage space and a full size fridge was put in.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
-------------------------------
Terry
Captcrunch
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: none

Post by Captcrunch »

Thanks all for the come back and information. All appreciated.

Les

Return to “General Discussion”