• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

1971 A25 DC bonding

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

R&R
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: san francisco, ca

1971 A25 DC bonding

Post by R&R »

I just bought the boat and we need a little help. While doing boat check out I crawled into doghouse to inspect rudder. There I saw a loose wire where it fell off the connection to the rudder. I thought I can fix that. I pulled on the wire to re-attach and about 18" up the rudder cable a long coil of wire appeared attached to nothing. HELP ME GOD. I looked at the A25 diagrams online and I can find nothing about the bonding. Should it all be bonded to the rudder? Does it go to the neg side of the 12volt panel?
Thanks
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Re: 1971 A25 DC bonding

Post by whwells »

R&R: Are you talking about a wire that should be going to a zinc? Don't attach the wire to either side of the battery without doing more research.
There should be a zinc bar for the attachment.
whwells "Howard"
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

R&R: Are you talking about a wire that should be going to a zinc? Don't attach the wire to either side of the battery without doing more research.
There should be a zinc bar for the attachment.
whwells "Howard"
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Post by Mark Deeser »

Hi R&R, if you have a minute why not jump over to New Member Introductions and let everyone meet you? Mark
R&R
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: san francisco, ca

Post by R&R »

Ahoy Howard, Mark, and all,
I did follow up and wrote a short intro. I continue to not understand the lay out of the bonding on my 1971 25. but I promise to pull up all the deckplates and look to see if I can get a better grip.
I was trying to address my question to anyone who may know how the bonding and zincs on the A25 models were designed or layed out originally. My boat has NOT had significant maintenance for at least a few years. For instance, I asked the former owner what grease he had been using in the shaft log/stuffing box and he replied he'd never opened it up or added anything. He owned the boat for 15 years. He's a very nice man, and mostly honest.
Thanks,
g

Return to “Albin Maintenance”