• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

SPLASH

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

TonyAmalfitano

SPLASH

Post by TonyAmalfitano »

Lets see, I painted 2 coats on the bottom, cleaned and Cetol'ed the teak, replaced all the zinks, sealed around the windows, moved the AM/FM antenna, and mounted a new horn. Inside I mounted 3 new CO detectors, replaced the galley faucet, converted the ice box into a storage bin, (really only a name change, but it sounds like I did something :) ). The best part is, the water isn't turned on in the yard, I had to hump h2o in 5 gal cans, but I splash on Monday!!!!! 8)
tomcat rio

goodonya, mate!

Post by tomcat rio »

i got the heavy wiring in for the new windlass on my 28 te.
Legacy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Boston, MA

Counting down to April 10

Post by Legacy »

Zincs are changed, both impellers changed, hull is washed and waxed and waiting on bottom paint. Need to: paint the fridge trim, change out wipers and the stereo, install the outriggers, get the engines and gen set ready, apply new non skid on the deck and swim platform and put another coat of wax on the tower. Good thing I topped off my 3 fuel tanks last year, $2.79 times 440 gals gets expensive!
Rick
1998 Albin 35TE
"Legacy"
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

This weekend I went down to the boat. Stood on it (under the shrinkwrap) for a few minutes thinking "Man, I've got a lot to do!"

Went home and put molding up in the kitchen...

Sigh... :(
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Denis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Denis »

This saturday I am going down to remove the shrink wrap so that I can start to polish the top side. Then I can install a new horn, change the impeller and have new shaft packing installed, change the zincs, reinstall the propeller, paint the bottom. I should be ready by the end of April to experience the best day of the year, the day she goes in.
Former Owner of
1994 28'TE
"Red Stripe"
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Denis wrote:This saturday I am going down to remove the shrink wrap so that I can start to polish the top side. Then I can install a new horn, change the impeller and have new shaft packing installed, change the zincs, reinstall the propeller, paint the bottom. I should be ready by the end of April to experience the best day of the year, the day she goes in.
Did you get your prop back from Chuck? How's it look? Had bad is the "pre" report? (mine was pretty bad)
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
tomcat rio

Post by tomcat rio »

Hey Denis,

What kind of polish do you use?
Denis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Denis »

I did not get my prop. back yet but it should be any day. I talked with Chuck yesterday and he said my prop was right on the money 18 x 18. I am having him reduce the pitch one inch, hope that does it.
Former Owner of
1994 28'TE
"Red Stripe"
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Bottom paint - done
Prop - done
My meager attempt at removing oxidation - done (for this season) It looks better but it doesn't look like Tuxedo.
Cetol the teak - in the water. Something to do at low tide.
Topsides - the same
Change oil and filters - the same
SPLASH on Thursday.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Denis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Denis »

TC, sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I use Awlgrip polish on the Awlgrip finish and I use Colinite #870 wax for the topside. I also use a super fine metal polish on the all metal work, but I can't think of the name of it right now. How is your boat coming along, is it almost ready?
Former Owner of
1994 28'TE
"Red Stripe"
TonyAmalfitano

Splash

Post by TonyAmalfitano »

I'M IN!!! :D , Got my brandy new 18X19LH4 blade prop on, got the rudder post repacked to stop a leak. OH YEAH, my dip stick broke about a foot down from the handle. :( I sure do hope I can pull the tube and recover the long piece. :evil:
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Splash Postponed

Post by Pitou »

Splash postponed :(
Weather and of coarse / parts aren't in yet :!:

Spring Commissioning continues:
Galvanic Isolator installed
Raw Water impellar on Cummins installed
Replacement filter on head vent installed
New wiper blades installed
New exhaust elbow on generator installed / waiting for seawater impellar and new injector (long story)
New Cutlass bearing installed in stern tube / needed to adjust shim on flange because of uneven wear / done
Prop at Accutech (prop scan) ready to be picked up and installed
Flag Blue Hull from water line to rub rail compounded and waxed (done following fall haulout) :wink:
Trolling valve on backorder from ZF (April 27th) Pull Push Control and cable installed.

A new green machine daisy chain w/carlton bird added to tackle selection 8)

Splash Postponed until 1st week of May.
Rainy/snowy/cold and clammy today. Woodstove is running.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
Denis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Denis »

Finally, a good weekend, weather wise coming up this weekend,
I can hardly wait :P
I should be able to finish cleaning the bottom and getting the paint applied, then new zincs. I need to remount the sea strainer and do a few more things and then if Im really lucky I should be able to go in at the end of next week. I am moving marinas for the first time in fifteen years, so I hope they will put me in my old slip for a couple of days so I can start the engine and make sure everything is ok there and the new stuffing box is doing what it should. Then Im off to my new dock. I can't wait to try out my prop also, I hope I went in the right direction with that, if not I'll have to get my scuba stuff out.
I feel like a kid at Christmas!
Former Owner of
1994 28'TE
"Red Stripe"

Return to “General Discussion”