• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

28TE Pilothouse Drawers - Repairs?

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Chris & Dale

28TE Pilothouse Drawers - Repairs?

Post by Chris & Dale »

One of the few things I've found under/poorly designed on our 28TE is the drawers under the seats in the pilothouse. I went to open one and came away with the face of the drawer only! Upon closer examination I found the hinges holding them in place made of plastic and snapped together. Temporarily, I taped them back together. I looked at the remaining drawers and found them not far behind. Originally I thought I'd just put some small L shaped hinges in place, but the side pieces are hollow so I'm not sure how well that would hold. I couldn't find anything on this site, but then again, I'm not the best "searcher".

Has anyone repaired these, and if so how, pictures, etc., please????

Thanks
Robb
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Tacoma, WA

Re: 28TE Pilothouse Drawers - Repairs?

Post by Robb »

Bump. I have the same problem and need to repair 3 of my 4 drawers. Figured I would have to remake at some point from solid materials. Any one with a creative fix?
Robb Stilnovich
"Stella Maris" 1996 28TE #279
Cummins 6BTA-370
Tacoma, WA

Return to “Albin Maintenance”