• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

ccv valve ?

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

JBROWETT
Mate
Mate
Home Port: MARBLEHEAD OHIO

ccv valve ?

Post by JBROWETT »

I have a 28 te with a Volvo diesel 6 cylinder engine. I had the dipstick push up and the crankcase breather come off and lost a gallon of oil at 3000 rpm. motor shut itself down. oil was blow everywhere it was a huge mess. Had oil brought out to me ,refilled and noticed o ring on dipstick was gone. I have on the 3rd rocker arm cover on the top of the motor a breather that goes straight to the back side of air filter. I read somewhere there is a ccv valve ? under that cover that can clog and cause this. I got a new o ring and clamped the breather line and had no problems after a 20 mile round trip. I do got thru an air filter every 2 months. this boat goes 8 hrs a day trolling and usally 20 mile round trip on charters 5 times a month. has anyone had this happen or knows about this mystery ccv valve.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: ccv valve ?

Post by DougSea »

Do you have a D6? If so I'll try and look at one of my engines tomorrow night for you. There is a breather filter for sure, not certain about this CCV valve. Of course my manual is down at the boat as well so I can't look this up.

Are you a member on BoatDiesel.com? You should post this there as well.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
JBROWETT
Mate
Mate
Home Port: MARBLEHEAD OHIO

Re: ccv valve ?

Post by JBROWETT »

no im not a member, I don't have a breather filter, it just goes to the back of air filter and then is sucked back into intake. thank you for your response. I have the kad I believe. left my manual on boat as well 3 hours away

Return to “Albin Maintenance”