• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

1977 25 Deluxe canvas

Albin's "power cruisers"
jjoking
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Palestine!tx

1977 25 Deluxe canvas

Post by jjoking »

Can any one tell me approx how much is the cost of new canvas top and mid deck cover for the 25 Deluxe? Any info will help!
Jamie King
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Re: 1977 25 Deluxe canvas

Post by Nancy »

Canvas prices can vary quite a bit. Your best bet is to get a quote from someone local to you. A lot of fabricators can give you a ballpark price from photos if necessary.
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987
glk34
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mactaquac New Brunswick Canada

Post by glk34 »

Expect to see prices in the $1500-2000 range depending on actual design, number of zippers, thickness of window plastic. I have a local lady that works with the material and all I do is take her the old piece to use for pattern and she builds from there.

Chris
"Iron Jack"
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

If you're a handy DYI'er, it might pay to invest in a Sailrite or other heaving duty sewing machine capable of handling Sunbrella fabric and make your own. Just got back from our monthly sailing club meeting where an expert did a demo on sail repair with a Sailrite machine. Only you wouldn't necessarily have to invest in a machine like a Sailrite that was capable of zig-zag stitching for bimini's and cockpit enclosures, since straight stitching would do. Some of the tips I got were, a)using a heavy duty commercial grade machine (or a Sailrite) with walking foot, b) learn how to make a pattern from scratch, NOT from old piece, c) use Sunbrella and the heaviest UV treated thread that the machine can handle, preferably about 138 wt, d) there are a lot of Sailrite like "clones" out there that look like a Sailrite but are of inferior design. Once finished with all your projects you could sell your machine for close to or as much as you paid for it. Otherwise glk4 is right, expect prices in$1,500-$2,000 range. That very question was raised at our meeting and this experienced sail maker guy said pretty much the same thing. Prices for material has risen the last couple years.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
Sven_G
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Västervik, Sweden

Post by Sven_G »

We just bought the complete set (with batten pockets over the helm) for about 10.000SEK ($1,500US) here in Sweden from http://www.henricssonsbatkapell.se/ . Not sure what the freight and customs fees might be but the quality and fit was perfect.
-Sven

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”