• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Good Service from Good Windlass.

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Good Service from Good Windlass.

Post by Tree »

Morning all, just thought I'd pop a post up about the service I've had from Tom at Good Windlass. I was having issues with our windlass not having enough power and on closer inspection I found that only two of the four motor brushes were working. After trying to make a quick repair it became blatantly obvious that I wasn't going to have an success so then started to consider my options with a new windlass. Being a supplier of machined parts to Lewmar who are based near me here in the UK I can get a reasonable discount. Even so, the Profish was going to cost £700 so I contacted Tom at Good and he was able to supply a full brush assembly for $100. It's taken about 10 working days to arrive but he was able to identify the part with my email descriptions and get it sent over. All in all even with the shipping and duty fees, it's saved me well over £550 and the aggravation of fitting a new winch!

Cheers

Lee
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Old School
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: NY,NY

Re: Good Service from Good Windlass.

Post by Old School »

I live NJ the same state in which GOOD is based and have been to their shop a few times.
It is a true Mom and Pop operation and provides excellent customer service.
I like their product a lot! Very robust!
I take care of another boat in addition to my own and it has a GOOD windlass.
It has failed twice due to abuse. Both times Tom repaired it at a fraction of the cost of a new windless.
I wish I had a GOOD on my Albin.

Return to “Albin Maintenance”