• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Fuel filll vents foam Albin28te

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

LarryOwen
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Barber's Basin, Salem, NJ

Re: Fuel filll vents foam Albin28te

Post by LarryOwen »

Just read this entry and have reproduced my response to a similar query from 2007:

"Both my 1995 and my 2002 Albin 28 TE spit fuel from the tank vents when refueling. Very annoying and potentially hazardous. This past season [2007] I had my yard pull up the deck of the '02 and relocate the vent lines at the tank to move them away from the fill line and also to eliminate a low point in the vent lines where fuel accumulated. Result: no more spills. I hope that the factory has figured this one out by now."

Still have the 2002 28TE and wouldn't trade it for anything. 1000+ hours on the Cummins 6BTA5.9 and it runs better than ever.
Larry - 28TE "Pastime No. 2"
captvz
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Beaver Park Marina, Lorain, OH

Post by captvz »

That's terrific info for I 've been having the same problem with my 1994 28' TE. I was hoping that I could access the hoses from the removal of the rod storage inserts on either side in cockpit area. If not, then I'll lift the aft deck.
Captvz
Seastory
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Terra Ceia Bay

Post by Seastory »

I solved this problem on our 1993 28' Albin by disconnecting the gunwhale vent and routing the looped vent hose into a small plastic catch container between the toe rail and side of the boat. I made the container from a 2" thick mayonnaise jar. I drilled an over size hole in the top to hold the hose and to provide some venting. Usually replace the container about once a year. I can hear the gurgling, foaming, and spitting before I get any diesel. - Howard

Return to “Albin Maintenance”