• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Hatch Lifter for Flush Deck

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

bobm
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Savannah, GA.

Hatch Lifter for Flush Deck

Post by bobm »

My 28 Flush Deck has electric Hatch lifter struts for the rear hatch that is over the generator and the shaft area. These are not working prorperly and can barely raise the hatch, along with help from me lifting with them. Has anyone replaced these and is there a good source from which to purchase them?
sweetwater
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oakdale

Re: Hatch Lifter for Flush Deck

Post by sweetwater »

I might be stating the obvious, but my 2005 flush deck hatch will not open if there is anything in the well that is in the hatch. Any extra weight seems to be too much for the electric hatch to overcome.
pkdiver
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Brookings, Oregon

Re: Hatch Lifter for Flush Deck

Post by pkdiver »

I've had the same issue with the hatch lifter on my 2005 flush deck with the rear hatch. It just don't work at all now. I am going to work on it this off season and try and resolve the problem. The problem with mine in the past seemed to be with the switch and if I messed with it I could usually get it to work but not any more. Something to work on. If anyone has any ideas on how to fix the problem let the rest of us know.

Return to “Albin Maintenance”