• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

HPF on AC Panel

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

halfmoon
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: EDENTON, NC

HPF on AC Panel

Post by halfmoon »

Having no owners manual for my ACs, I cast myself upon the experience of this group. How do I troubleshoot this HPF message?
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: HPF on AC Panel

Post by DougSea »

Is the unit frozen? I get that error when the AC doesn't cycle on really hot days and the unit ices over. It can also happen if you don't have enough return air flow. I have that problem with the unit under the queen berth.

I believe the code means "High Pressure Freon"

I also think the problem is more likely to occur if you need the freon (refrigerant) topped off. Having my AC units checked for this is on my list.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

You will also get this alarm if there is no water flow.
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
Chris & Dale

Post by Chris & Dale »

I've just recently been thru this, and let me add low Freon to the equation. In this heat, I do run my A/C 24-7 to keep out the humidity and make it comfortable if we just wish to go sit on it. Had some real low tides recently and I've found this time of the year I need to clean my A/C strainer once every other week and sometimes every week. It was unreal when I pulled it after just 2 weeks, so I know I wasn't getting the flow I needed. I've started adding a Chorine tablet (pool treatment) every time I clean it to fight the growth. I'd accidently put the garbage can up under the table which restricted flow. So when she froze over the last time I had an A/C guy look at it and he added almost 4 oz of R22. So I moved the can, clean the strainer religiously, and topped off the Freon. Bottom line, no freezing and no problems. Good Luck!
N4QC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by N4QC »

C & D:

Heads up - am not sure that chlorine will mix well with the copper tubing of the ac heat exchanger over a period of time...

Have fun,
Joe
Albin Getaway
"LabTime"
abellch
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Norfolk, Va

Post by abellch »

HPF is a high pressure fault. In cooling mode it is usually low/restricted seawater flow. In heating mode the condenser is on the air side and and HPF code can be caused by low airflow. The manuals for the A/C systems as well as the control fault codes and programming instructions are available on the web at http://www.dometic.com
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

abellch wrote:HPF is a high pressure fault. In cooling mode it is usually low/restricted seawater flow. In heating mode the condenser is on the air side and and HPF code can be caused by low airflow. The manuals for the A/C systems as well as the control fault codes and programming instructions are available on the web at http://www.dometic.com
Thanks for the link and the correction on the HPF - It didn't sound right in my head when I wrote it...but at least I was close! :wink:
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"

Return to “Albin Maintenance”