• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Beware of PerfectFit company

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

BCboater
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Pender Island, BC, Canada

Beware of PerfectFit company

Post by BCboater »

I bought rubber window seal material, with the locking strip, from Perfect Fit Company, located in Tukwila, Washington State. They recommended, and I purchased, an installation tool for inserting the locking strip in the seal. Within a couple of minutes of starting to use it the tool (which cost $25.00) fell apart. Upon inspection I could see that the tip had just been glued into the handle!

When I called the company the person I talked to said something like "oh yeah, those tools don't hold up to any stress, most guys just use a piece of plastic held at 45 degrees instead". When I said that is was clear that the tool was just glued together he said "yeah" or something like that. They then REFUSED TO MAKE GOOD on the tool, would not refund my money nor accept it back for an exchange. The excuse was that it had been more than ten (10) days since I received the tool. How many of us get to a boat project within ten days of getting the materials? This is about the worst customer service I've experienced in quite a while.

Yes, the window seal fit and worked (after I drilled, screwed, and epoxied the tool back together) but there MUST be a more reputable company selling window seals somewhere. :evil:
jcamill55
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: petaluma, ca.

Re: Beware of PerfectFit company

Post by jcamill55 »

I am going to be replacing my windows fairly soon , please let us know if u here of a company that is better ,
Ps do your windows leak or not a photo would be nice of completed project ,jim
NickScheuer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Rockford, IL

Post by NickScheuer »

We might just keep ordering weatherstrip from them, but add (with emphasis) "I don't want the %&##@* tool you sell". Eventually they might get the message. Glaziers applying similar gaskets on archtectural curtainwalls use very stout tools for that. Liquid soap is a good lubricant for the rubber.
leprof31
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by leprof31 »

I ordered the tool too from hitechglazing.com and I got the same problem... It seems it is the way those tool are made.

Return to “Albin Maintenance”