• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

27 FC aft cabin

Albin's "power cruisers"
sherpatt
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Nashville, TN

27 FC aft cabin

Post by sherpatt »

What is the size of the aft cabin? Can two adults actually sleep there? How long and wide is the sleeping area? Considering a 27 FC for a Great Loop cruise. Retired couple. We have a Potter P19 sailboat. Kinda small for a year+ cruise. Thanks for your help!
JFOkie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dover, NH

Re: 27 FC aft cabin

Post by JFOkie »

Swabby,

There is quite a bit of room in the rear berth. On either side, there is a sleeping area that runs along the side so that your feet would be under the cockpit bench seats. Inside along the rear transom area, in the middle of the two sleeping berths, there is a cushion that you can sit on sort of a seating area. There is also a filler peice that can be placed in between the sleeping berths to make up a larger sleeping area for two; you would lay with your head on one side (ie: port) and feet would streatch out to starboard.

I made new cushions for the rear berth and used memory foam to make it more comfortable; they work great! You could also use memory foam for the middle peices if you wanted to sleep together instead of on either side. When I'm over at the boat yard this weekend, I will take some measurements and post them here for you.

The 27 FC is a wonderful boat that has more than enough room for two to travel together. We also have the full canvas enclosure that makes the cockpit area a livingroom.

Regards,
John
"Nirvana"
Marcy K
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cape Cod MA

Post by Marcy K »

Hi,

We had our A 27 AC for 10 years and lived aboard for over 3 weeks at a time - I am 5'9" and my husband is 6'2". We had no problem sleeping at all and loved the boat - just moved on to a larger one 3 1/2 years ago - an A 34.

Marcy K
A 34 Paumanok
Westbrook, CT
Marcy K
A 34 Paumanok 1986
Cape Cod MA
AKDW
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: SEWARD

Post by AKDW »

We enjoy our 27 aft cabin here in Alaskan waters and find it big enough for 4 for weekend trips and two can be real comfy on longer cruises.
Mandalay
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Port Ludlow, Washington USA

Post by Mandalay »

My 27 FC aft cabin is set up for the athwartships berthing configuration. With the filler cushion the dimensions are about 9 feet by 42 inches. I have a double sized cushion (48" wide) on top of the berth which curls up the transom a few inches as it is slightly wider than the berth width with the filler in place. We both sleep there when cruising and it is a nice space. You can sit up to read there. To exit you step on the single stair and use the companionway as an assist. The four opening ports provide great ventilation. In winter (Puget Sound) I have even slept there with a 200 watt Lasko personal elecrtic
Mandalay
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Port Ludlow, Washington USA

Post by Mandalay »

Lasso 200 watt electric heater. Amazon.com. Great low power safe device.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”