• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Belts for Alt on Yanmar 315

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

slimjim
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: SAN FRANCISCO CA

Belts for Alt on Yanmar 315

Post by slimjim »

I cannot get the right cross ref for the Alt Belts, I have two of them and Napa and a few other auto part places show nothing for Yanmar numbers or Mit part numbers. Does anyone have Napa or the belt part numbers its 2 small ones, or where I can buy them? Thanks
Capt Ron
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Belts for Alt on Yanmar 315

Post by Capt Ron »

The engine (300 HP, basically the same as 315 HP) was used in the Toyota Land Cruiser for one year. Belts, oil filters, etc. are available through your Local Toyota dealer at a much better price than Yanmar items.
Owner of 28' TE
slimjim
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by slimjim »

Thanks, I was able to get the right new part number that are Yanmar. Its 119775-77260 $24ea wowsa!

The belts show a part number MP-MF 1395 Mit part, I went to Napa, Car Quest, O'reilys, Mit Car Parts dealer and all had now cross ref for those numbers, I even gave them all the Toyota part number with no help. Car Quest gave me the wrong belts.

Anyway I went to a boat yard (its a really good boat yard) The wholesale parts team are awesome, they had 18 of the right belts in stock, SVENDSEN'S Marine.
Rx-scape
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bodega Bay, CA

Post by Rx-scape »

I got the last ones from Svendsen's , but did not get the numbers as they put them on. In the SF Bay area List marine in Sausalito had changed mine, they cost even more from Him. I used a Gates 7395 from Napa Auto Parts
they seem to be the same size and work fine and cost about 10.00 each.
The belts need to be kept adjusted, if they squeal they are wearing and need attention if one is loose and not the other try switching places. Not all belts team up some will be longer or stretch more in that team it is the shorter that slips and wears, hopefully adjusting the tension they will then be closer and work better.
I use the bow thruster a lot pulling crab pots in the wind, that takes a lot of battery power and the alternator
puts a lot of strain on the belts thus the wear.
slimjim
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by slimjim »

i use the bow thuster a lot as well so maybe thats part of my problem. Thanks for the added info.

Return to “Albin Maintenance”