• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Nissan LD28 -- What's Missing from This Picture?

Albin's "power cruisers"
dlaw
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Onancock, VA

Nissan LD28 -- What's Missing from This Picture?

Post by dlaw »

On examining the engine on my new (for me) Albin 27, I noticed the pictured plug missing on the aft starboard flank of the LD28. The hole measure 3/4" (I think) and is threaded, and there is a slightly rusted gear-like thing visible at the base of the hole. Can any one tell me exactly what kind of fitting I'm missing, how to obtain one, and whether or not it's a problem that it hasn't been there for anywhere between six months and two years? (The engine has been run in the interim.) Thanks for your help.
Dan Lawrence
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
johnvb1014
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Wilson NY

Re: Nissan LD28 -- What's Missing from This Picture?

Post by johnvb1014 »

Dan

On mine there is a plastic plug there. I think that is just an access hole to the flywheel for turning over the engine using a bar or a screwdriver if doing maintenance such as adjusting the valves. I'm surprised to see the red paint, I thought Nissan LD28s were all blue.

I have had my boat several years, and although by no means an expert have done quite a bit of work on it and may be able to help with other questions.

Good luck.

John VB
dlaw
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Onancock, VA

Re: Nissan LD28 -- What's Missing from This Picture?

Post by dlaw »

Thank you, John!. That's a big help. The red paint is probably explained by the fact that this engine was rebuilt (I believe at a Nissan Industrial facility out in California?) about three years ago. Do you have any tips for addressing areas that are beginning to rust? Thanks again. Dan

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”