• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Looking for a St Croix Little Crane to lift dinghy motor

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

WaterLover
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Folly Beach, SC

Looking for a St Croix Little Crane to lift dinghy motor

Post by WaterLover »

I am in the market for a dinghy motor lift and was wondering if anyone had one they were not using and wanted to get rid of. Don't want to spend the big bucks to buy new if possible.
Thanks,
Annie
jprohan
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Bay Shore, NY

Re: Looking for a St Croix Little Crane to lift dinghy motor

Post by jprohan »

you can buy a garhauer lift for about $2-300. There are differnet models for the different outboard weights. I have used one for years; all stainless; 3/2 pulley setup; with a jam cleat at the top. Works like a charm.
kathylsails
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Bern, NC

Post by kathylsails »

We are also looking for a dinghy motor lift. Thanks for your advice re: the Garhauer. We just looked it up on the web and it looks like a good rig. We had the Forespar Motor Mate on a sailboat we previously owned and it was great. However, I had gotten it on sale many years ago and never realized how expensive it would be to replace it. Darn.....We should have taken it off and put it on our Albin before we sold the boat! Anyway, we are now definitely considering the Garhauer.
"KP Duty" Albin 30 FC
Chester B

Post by Chester B »

We used a Garhauer for years on our sailboat; lifted a Nissan 9.8. Worked like a charm and the Garhauer folks are absolutely great to work with. We had them fabricate custom blocks for our sail track and they did an excellent job. We're going to get their dinghy davits for our 36 DC.
kathylsails
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kathylsails »

We just found a gently used Garhauer on Craigs List and bought it. It seems much more heavy-duty than the Forespar we previously had and has a jam cleat rather than the regular cleat on the Forespar. It wasn't easy to cleat the line when my poor hubby was in a bobbing dinghy telling me to hold the motor steady and I was on a rocking boat, so I will really appreciate the difference! Thank you, fellow Albin Owners, for the great advice! Annie, I hope you find the lift you are looking for, too!
"KP Duty" Albin 30 FC
WaterLover
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Folly Beach, SC

Post by WaterLover »

Thanks Kathy, I am still looking. If you find another used one, let me know!
kathylsails
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kathylsails »

I'll keep my eyes open for you! :-)
"KP Duty" Albin 30 FC

Return to “General Discussion”