• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

peninsular diesal winter use

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

danwarman
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Norfolk VA

peninsular diesal winter use

Post by danwarman »

I have a 1997 Albin 28 with the peninsular diesel. In June, the oil, filters, coolant etc were changed and all hoses fittings and such checked and replaced as necessary. Engine runs fine and is on a good block heater. Starts right up. No leaks or drips.

I plan to run it once or twice a week for 10-15 minutes and we will probably take it out a few times for 4 hour runs. I will put some fuel in it once a month probably as part of the running it for 15 minutes.

I live in norfolk Va. and the winter is not harsh. Maybe 20 days or so below freezing.

I plan to take it to the yard in april for the same things that were done in June.

Is there anything different i should do during the winter to keep the engine in good running order?

I have drained the potable water and done some of the other routine winter precautions for other systems so this is focused on the engine.

Thanks
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Re: peninsular diesal winter use

Post by Russell »

Dan: Sounds like a good plan but I would recommend some striper fishing. The big ones will be here soon. :D
Russ
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL

Return to “Albin Maintenance”