• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
astro
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Cape May,NJ

Post by astro »

Hello everyone I just joined your site since my father and I are very interested in buying a used Albin in the 31-35 range, trying to learn more about them from the people who would know. My Pop and I have fished together for 45 yrs now, I'm blessed to still be fishing with him at 77 yrs young, he's still fishing hard but we're looking for a nice comfortible boat for both of us. and I think the Albins maybe the boat for us. I look forward to talking with everyone, right now we have a 32 Albemarle FB which we're hopeing maybe sold shortly, We dock in Cape May,NJ and fish from inshore to the offshore canyons.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: New Member

Post by jcollins »

Astro,
Welcome to AOG. The albin is a good fishing boat. Probably doesn't cruise as fast as the Albemarle, but it will get you there. We've been to Cape May a few times via boat and car. Great city.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Re: New Member

Post by whwells »

Hello & don'r stop now. Fishing can be great as long as you can hold to the rails and get a cast out there. Just turned 73 and look forward to lots more of the good times.

I find the 35te Sportfisher to be very confrontable. You will need a way to slow the boat up for most trolling. One of my engines is equipped with the trolling valve an that works fine. Problem is you don't get a balance on the engine hours. Depending on your waters you will absolutely love the flybridge edition if you can find one. They are fairly rare and not seen often on the market. The 35te does not do well as a solo fisher. You will need your partner for the job.

Reportly there maybe one listed soon in the Flor. market. You might keep an eye out for that one with a hardtop and lots of extra's. I am sure if the possible seller is still thinking of doing so he can contact you in some manner.

whwells "Howard"

Return to “New Member Introductions”