• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Problem With the Galley Faucet

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

johnmurray
Gold Member
Gold Member

Problem With the Galley Faucet

Post by johnmurray »

My galley faucet is an arrangement with hot and cold turn off taps that control the flow of water to a single hose-type sprayer outlet with an on/off lever. The hose can be pulled out about a foot or so to help rinse dishes and when not in use it rests on the fixture between the taps. (There is the same arrangement in the head with a longer hose that turns into a shower.)
My problem is that the sprayer outlet unit has a tendency to pull off the hose. If this happens when a tap is turned on then the water sprays underneath the sink. It is also difficult to find the hose-end and reconnect it using the narrow opening in the back of the cabinet under the sink.
The connection between the sprayer and the hose is a simple pressure fitting that cannot be clamped because if it was then the sprayer would not rest in position on the fixture.
Both hoses have come loose from the sprayer head and in each case I put some 5200 on the fitting to lengthen the time between failures, but this is not a reliable solution.
Does anyone have a better idea?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
John Murray...Albin 30FC..."katie G"...Ottawa Canada
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: Problem With the Galley Faucet

Post by DougSea »

I'm going to guess that you have a replacement hose. The hose SHOULD thread into the sprayer body where that fitting in your picture does.

In your case I'd try using a stainless cable tie, available at Home Depot. They are "low profile" and would probably fit into the faucet opening.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
johnmurray
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by johnmurray »

They are the original hoses and there is a threaded unit at the end of each hose. The problem is that the threaded unit pulls out of the hose. In the photo you can see tha barbed end of the threaded unit.
John Murray...Albin 30FC..."katie G"...Ottawa Canada
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Post by Russell »

It may be that the end of the hose has stretched and hardened and no longer grips as tight as when it was new. Have you tried cutting off a bit to get to a fresh section or maybe you just need a new hose.
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

The sinks and faucets on my 35 came from here: http://ambassadormarine.com/

I recently replaced my head faucet which looks very familiar:
HeadFaucet-OLD.jpg
With this much sleeker and useful one:
HeadFaucet-NEW.jpg
I haven't checked but I'm pretty sure they could get you a new hose that fits properly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"

Return to “Albin Maintenance”