• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Sea-lect Y-Valve

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

marko
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Bern, NC

Sea-lect Y-Valve

Post by marko »

Just received a Bosworth Sea-Lect Y-Valve that I purchased online and was wondering if anyone's had experience with one of these valves. The first thing they have you do is take it apart and grease it with lube they provide even though it did have some lube in it. There are three bolts that hold it together, but since it's plastic you've got to watch how tight to make the nuts, per their warning. There were no lock washers, flat washers and no comment on the use of thread lock. So I used new nylon core nuts with medium thread lock. The valve would leak bad if any of these nuts came loose. I'm a little skeptical about the housing too. They also specifically warn boaters that their accessories are only to be used with a proprietary hand pump, but also show it hooked up to a head (no mention of electric head or hand pump).

Return to “Albin Maintenance”