• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Alaskan Bulkhead or curtain?

Albin's "power cruisers"
AKDW
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: SEWARD

Alaskan Bulkhead or curtain?

Post by AKDW »

I am looking for ideas people might share about closing off the steering station on a A27 AC with what we call an Alaskan bulkhead. Basically this is a wall closing off the steering station under the hardtop. I think I have also seen pictures of Albin27 FC's with canvas curtains enclosiing the covered part of the cockpit.

Ideas, experiences, pictures?

Dan
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: Alaskan Bulkhead or curtain?

Post by jcollins »

I like the idea of a open boat. In the fall and early spring I have my eisenglass and canvas up. The coldest I have been out is around 35 degrees. With the canvas up and sunny day the temp in the pilot house was still around 60. Comfortable enough to take off our coats.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
hetek
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Southold, NY

Re: Alaskan Bulkhead or curtain?

Post by hetek »

I have the canvas drop curtain you described on my 1984 A27FC. I love it and it is what I have up 100% of the time. Even when I put up the full camper canvas I leave the drop canvas up (rolled up, of course). It also keeps the pilothouse out of the weather when the boat is docked.

Advantages are that the center section can roll up leaving just the two smaller sections attached to the boat with snaps. Two zippers, roll it up and it is basically an open cockpit again.

Photo attached. My son is at the helm while I took the shot. Granted, the drop curtain isn't the subject of the photo but you can get an idea of what I have.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Jon B.
Former owner of...
"Bunkie" - a 1984 A27FC
New owner of...
1977 A25 deLuxe - a work in progress

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”