• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Friday night Mid-Atlantic storm

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

N4QC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Friday night Mid-Atlantic storm

Post by N4QC »

Hope all just got wet and nothing else but suspect that it was more serious than that due to the number of people without electricity on Saturday...

Take care,
Joe
Albin Getaway
"LabTime"
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: Friday night Mid-Atlantic storm

Post by jcollins »

We were at the Chesapeake rendezvous. Just sitting around and chatting. A friend of one of our members drove up and said "any of you BOATERS listening to your radios"? We had about 15 minutes to take down canvas and secure lines. When it hit us it was like someone was pounding on the cabin door. I popped my head out in the morning and a tree had fallen across the dock and was laying in the cockpit of Nancy's Albin. (Seaglass) No damage but she had a mess to clean up. Rumor has it that the winds hit 68 in Knapps Narrows. Those on the floating pier reported 3-4 footers in the Narrows.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
marko
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Bern, NC

Re: Friday night Mid-Atlantic storm

Post by marko »

Was on board, in the slip (luckily), in New Bern for the Sunday evening Mid-Atlantic Storm...what a ride! Continual wind around 50-60mph, gusts to around 85mph. Horizontal rain, negative pressure on leeward side allowed opening window to take photos, but had to push open and brace cabin door to photo out stern. A Neuse River ferry got pushed out of the channel and was aground for 8 hours. There was no real warning other than severe t-storms, but not hurricane strength! Luckily At Last was fine, even though the canopy was up. See attached photos.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.

Return to “General Discussion”