• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

A-25 hardtop project

Albin's "power cruisers"
Riverjohn
Gold Member
Gold Member

A-25 hardtop project

Post by Riverjohn »

I am nearing completion of a hardtop for my 1972 Albin-25. It went on the boat last week and the finishing touches could be done next week. This was a project that started in November, 2011 and I wrote about just about every major step in the process as construction went along. If anyone is interested, the blog address is http://msbettencourtsnewtop.blogspot.com/

Comments, questions and suggestions are most welcome.
John in Augusta
A25 #1117 "Ms Bettencourt"
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: A-25 hardtop project

Post by DougSea »

Great blog posts! I'm particularly enamored of the specialized work force involved: Boat Geezers and Dock Geezers!

Looking forward to seeing the finished results!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
hetek
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Southold, NY

Post by hetek »

Great job!

A well thought out and well planned project with great results! Great documentation too.

Reading your blog, I couldn't help but see alot of "me" in it - mishaps and all. The birds leaving debris on your fresh coat of paint reminded me of a similar incident I had with a freshly painted pickup truck.

She'll look great once the straps are off and the handrails are on!
Jon B.
Former owner of...
"Bunkie" - a 1984 A27FC
New owner of...
1977 A25 deLuxe - a work in progress
Riverjohn
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Riverjohn »

Everything seems to be coming together. I just posted some more photos that provide a look at the near-final product. The blog address is in my post above. Regards, John
John in Augusta
hetek
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Southold, NY

Post by hetek »

Looks fantanstic, John!

Having never seen one in person... Is there standing headroom beneath the hard top?

Also, I see you're entering the canvas enclosure planning stages. Here's a couple observations from my local boating experience:

Almost every boat in my area has blue Sunbrella. My Albin 27FC originally had blue Sunbrella from what I can tell. She now wears "Toast" Sunbrella - a nice tan/beige color. I may be biased but I think it looks great with the off-white hull and teak handrails. I wish I could take credit for the color choice but it was on the boat when I bought her. Just my opinion...

No matter what color she wears, she'll still look great (I tell my wife that too). Keep up the good work!
Jon B.
Former owner of...
"Bunkie" - a 1984 A27FC
New owner of...
1977 A25 deLuxe - a work in progress
Riverjohn
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Riverjohn »

I am still leaning toward blue sunbrella. That's what I had before and I like it. Re headroom: I am 5'11" and have no problems. I have a 6'2" friend who has to be aware of one cross member or he will bonk. Overall, there is considerably more headroom inside than there was with the canvas.
John in Augusta

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”