• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Wheel house window shades

Capt Ron
Gold Member
Gold Member

Wheel house window shades

Post by Capt Ron »

I’m going to do something to the wheel house windows on my 28TE to block the afternoon sun and add a little privacy while at the dock. Has anyone done any such window treatment?
Owner of 28' TE
sweetwater
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oakdale

Re: Wheel house window shades

Post by sweetwater »

The previous owner of my 28 made a wrap around canvas that covers all front and side windows. Its a PITA to put up and down, but works well if your looking for Privacy.
Halcyon
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Halcyon »

I looked into interior and exterior snap on covers both solid and screen. Kind of expensive for the 35 because there are lots of windows. I found some spring loaded 'pop open' sun shades at Pep Boys as a temporary solution. They work quite well and I think I'm going to buy more and forget the canvas. They are cheap store easily and you can put them where needed
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Halcyon wrote:I looked into interior and exterior snap on covers both solid and screen. Kind of expensive for the 35 because there are lots of windows. I found some spring loaded 'pop open' sun shades at Pep Boys as a temporary solution. They work quite well and I think I'm going to buy more and forget the canvas. They are cheap store easily and you can put them where needed
This sounds interesting. Do you have a picture of them, or a link? How many do you use?

Thanks!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Capt Ron
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Capt Ron »

I think I have the Pep boys pop open things. They store round, about 16" and need a magician to fold them up again. If that's it, then I use one for the windshield glass. Kind of a PITA if the wind blows. I'm thinking of attaching something like Sunshade material attaching from the inside with Velcro. Easily attached and removed. I want to allow the breeze to come through the center glass.
Owner of 28' TE
jumpjet231
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jumpjet231 »

The Sabre next door has this stuff covering all his windows. I'm been getting better with the old Singer and I'm going to give it a try. I just finished a transom cover and bimini. I'll let you know how it turns out.
http://www.sailrite.com/Phifertex-Plus-Mesh-Sand
2004 28TE
"Wave-off"

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”