• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

27 FC Questions

Albin's "power cruisers"
JFOkie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dover, NH

27 FC Questions

Post by JFOkie »

Being a new Albin 27 FC owner and launching tomorrow, I have a few questions / thoughts that I probably should have asked a few days ago, but here goes.

1. Curious as to some of the different products people use in their holding tanks to control odors.

2. Best products to keep the water tank clean and the water potable.

3. Do you keep the AC and/or DC main switches on when the vessel is left at the mooring? If these are left off, does it also shut off power to the bilge pump? On my other boats, the bilge pump was wired to the battery so it couldn't be shut off by mistake. Even if the main battery switch was Off, the bilge pump would operate.

Thanks,
John
AKDW
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: SEWARD

Re: 27 FC Questions

Post by AKDW »

If you are at mooring that requires anchor light you need to keep dc on at least one battery. My boat has switches for different zones. AC should only on when you are connected to shore power. Your bilge may have indicator light by the switch that will show it has power or not when switched on. Fill your water tank and add a teaspoon of chlorine bleach for each 10 gallons of water. Let it sit an hour or so then flush the system a couple of times. Should be good to go. DON"T use Chorine in your Toilet!

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”