• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Life after TaT

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Life after TaT

Post by RicM »

Boyo, I'll tell ye I've not seen a lot of Albins down here at all, and I would think that a pilot house boat would be a big seller here in the land of melanoma. Stand on line at the bank and there are skin lesions enough to scare troops of children.

Actually got some billable hours in today (Wed) which is good because there's a man coming tomorrow at 9AM with a truck full of diesel fuel that's going to take it all away. $3.65/Gal, not bad at all, but buying it at 200 Gal a pop is a whole new ball game. I am trying to view the exercise as the cost of moving a house, rather than a run in a boat, that helps to keep it in perspective.

The family gathering yesterday went well. Long drive, but a good vibe. I was asked to make the toast before dinner (better than saying the grace). There was no advanced notice, I had 12 seconds to think while I moved my chair, stood up, cleared my throat, and with no further stalling tactics in my repertoire, spoke one complete sentence straight from the heart. I have no recollection of what, exactly, I said, but it seemed quite effective as there were moist eyes all around.

I am slowly figuring out the systems, like there are 2 water tanks, and 2 fill holes, one on each side.... do they connect? Does the water pump just draw from each? Is one just an unused sink hole of fetid bacteria? So much to learn.

Sawzall Dave and his lovely wife arrive Friday for a New Years stop over. I had visions of going to Captiva but a few phone calls revealed that a few other folks had the same idea and they are getting $5/ft/nite with a two nite minimum. $550? I think not. We'll take a little ride and warm the engines and come back to beautiful (and paid for) Ft Myers. Out to dinner and early to bed.
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
powerboater56
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Jamestown, RI

Re: Life after TaT

Post by powerboater56 »

Ric,
Have you started up the ICW back ti RI? How is Air A Fare after a full winter aboard? What kind of diesels do you have thumping away under the sole? Did you undertake any side cruises to the Keys or elsewhere?
John S.
John S.
Jamestown, RI

Return to “General Discussion”