• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

purchase of 28 albin

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
bobx
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: none

purchase of 28 albin

Post by bobx »

I,m looking to purchase a 28 albin between the years 1995 to 2005. I am looking for all the advice I can get about best years, engines, etc. Thank you inadvance. Bob X
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: purchase of 28 Albin

Post by jcollins »

Bobx,
Sorry to miss this post. Welcome to AOG. You may have already found your perfect boat by now. It's hard to say which year is the best year. They're all good. It really depends on what you are looking for and the condition of the used boats you are looking at. I throughly enjoy my 1995. It's perfect for me. I have been on many 28s over the last few years. Cummins, Yanmar, Volvo, Peninsular. It all comes down to maintenance. I think the biggest difference in later years would be the flush deck. I don't know of any later year convertibles, but they may be out there. Larger, more powerful, bow thrusters in later years comes to mind.

How about some other owners jumping in here? What do you think?
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: purchase of 28 albin

Post by RobS »

The transom door was not always in the earlier models. You first have to decide between engine box & flush deck. VERY different boats...
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: purchase of 28 Albin

Post by jcollins »

The transom door was not always in the earlier models
I keep forgetting that was an option.
I know the controls are different on mine. I have one for throttle and one for transmission.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Welcome to AOG. You found the right source for your search information. Lot's of good boats out there in the 28 Series. Assume you are on the east coast. Where you are as to East, West or South area may make a difference.
On the West Coast most every Albin came out here used to one of dealers such as Bellingham Yachats in Wash. state and some to So. Cal. or an individual who purchased back east and shipped across the country as I did. Many actually with very low hours as they sell better & support the travel costs accross the country.
During my search it seemed most of the So. Cal. Albins had come out of Flor. at some time .
In the North & NW it seemed most came from the east coast and few from Canada.
What general area is your search in?
whwells "Howard"
35Te Sportfisher/Conv. 2006
Anacortes, Wa.
sandylee
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Portsmouth, RI

Post by sandylee »

Becoming an Albin owner has to start with a 28 TE. I had a 2002 flush deck, Yanmar 315 V- Drive, super engine, very clean and smooth, wicked efficient. 18 kts cruising all day long. Nice placement of the engine for better balance. Northstar electronics all the way, from the previous owner. Larger bow thruster as well, and handled like a dream. Gotta get one.
Michael @ Maine
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Heron Way Marina, Essex Ma

Post by Michael @ Maine »

BobX

I purchased 2007 TE flushdeck last year.. I really love the boat. Pilot house has L Bench seating which we really enjoy.

The boat does everything you would expect, i brought if from mid coast NJ to Mid coast ME over a 4 day period. Have weekend in it and gone off shore fishing. Put a littel over 100 hrs on for the season (395 now total) with absolute no issue. Yanmar version.

When i bought it I did not care about A/C but am very glad the boat came with it. I do not have auot pilot but wish i did.

Let me sum up docking " would you like someone to meet you at the slip?" " I would RECOMMEND IT."

I love the look of the 28TE and how it handles in the open water. When i was researching boats I wanted sea worthy, single engine and the ability to go where i wanted to within reason. The 28TE has just been great, I would buy again.

Good luck.....

Michael

Return to “New Member Introductions”