• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

un-dually tow vehicle

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

jprohan
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Bay Shore, NY

un-dually tow vehicle

Post by jprohan »

So is this feasible for a tow vehicle? If you find a diesel dually at a good price...un- dually it by removing the outer set of rear wheels and the flare fenders; making it a normal 2500 series pickup? Or is this just too crazy of an idea?
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Re: un-dually tow vehicle

Post by jleonard »

I don't know about all duallys, but I know the older Dodge duallys had a different front end spacing and the rear was such that you could not sinply remove the outer wheels.
2nd...why would you do that? A dually makes a much nicer tow vehicle as it greatly reduces sway making your vehicle more stable. Plus you'll have a bastard when you go to sell it.
You would be better off finding a standard 2500 series OR a 2500 series that has a 3500 series axle and springs. There are more of those around than you'd think. I had a 1991 Dodge 250/Cummins like that. For the rare occasions I towed it worked out great.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT

Return to “General Discussion”