• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

28 TE, 6LPA-STP Yanmar Oil Pan Replacement

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Sea Story
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Terra Ceia Bay, Fl

28 TE, 6LPA-STP Yanmar Oil Pan Replacement

Post by Sea Story »

We recently discovered a small rust hole in the oil pan that was caused by the shaft slinging bilge water on the bottom of the engine. We were able to replace the oil pan, with the help of our diesel mechanic, by placing an I-Beam across the boat lift and attaching a hoist to the engine. After disconnecting the accessories, wiring, transmission and engine mounts, we lowered the boat out from under the engine using the boat lift. By having everything ready, we were able to replace the oil pan and reinstall the engine in the boat in the same day. I have fabricated an aluminum bilge water deflector pan that is mounted between the shaft and oil pan. It also provides a place for an oil absorber pad and a catch for dropped hardware that usually ends up in the deepest part of the bilge. - Howard
N4QC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: 28 TE, 6LPA-STP Yanmar Oil Pan Replacement

Post by N4QC »

Field experience measure at its best… Congratulations...

Have fun,
Joe
Albin Getaway
"LabTime"

Return to “Albin Maintenance”