• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

My New Albin

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
dhilton
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Gamage Shipyard, South Bristol, Maine

My New Albin

Post by dhilton »

I purchased Watercolours, a wonderfully cared-for green hulled 2002 32+2 Command Cockpit with Yanmar power, from a very nice NH couple last October. The trip up the Maine coast to her new home (Gamage Shipyard in South Bristol) occured during that exceptionally nice Columbus Day weekend. First quick question: She has 3/4" nylon dock lines that need replacing, and everything I have read suggests 5/8" are sufficient. What size dock lines do other 32+2 owners use for typical conditions? A big Hello to all!

Dennis Hilton
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Re: My New Albin

Post by Veebyes2 »

Docklines, as in at your home slip docklines or docklines as in cruising docklines?

Can't help you with home slip docklines as my 32 is kept fulltime on a revolving mooring out in an exposed bay. Double 1" nylon bridles & 5/8" riding chain there. For cruising, which often means rafted up with a larger boat than mine outboard of me, I think my cruising lines are 5/8". Never broken one.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Re: My New Albin

Post by whwells »

Welcome dhilton. Enjoy that great new 32+2. Have never seen one up close, but they look really good in photos. Location & weather willl clearly be important to rope size. Using 5/8 & 3/4 on a 35TE but the docking area is very protected.
I find anything larger is really difficult to tie. On the otherhand overkill might be a good ideal. The dark green hull are quite nice.
whwells "Howard'

Return to “New Member Introductions”