• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

GROCO FLUSH UNIT ADAPTION

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

GROCO FLUSH UNIT ADAPTION

Post by whwells »

Nibbles has twin 315's but no flush down systerm at this time. There were some recent posting on the subject.
After contacting the Groco people on the costs of installing the flush units I learned of a related problem in this particular engine.

Groco has the units in 2" and 2 1/2" flush hose fittiings sized in standard only. Our manufacturer it seems liked to used odd ball stuff.
So I have 2 1/4 hose fittings that makes use of the standard groco flush unit more expensive. Would have to change out all the fitings from the pick up as well as very expensive hoseing along the way. It is not as simple as a reducer from 2 1/4 to 2" as the Groco flush unit has a 2" pipe fitting on one end and slid in 2" hose fitting at the other.

Question: Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so is there anyway to install the flush unit into a 2 1/4 fitting without redoing all the way back to the cock input?

whwells "Howard"
2006 35te Sportfisher/Conv.
"Nibbles"

Return to “Albin Maintenance”