• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Brief Hello

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Bo Pop Pop
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Lake Washington, WA

Brief Hello

Post by Bo Pop Pop »

Looong time boater, now an Albin wannabe!
I took a pre-ride on a local A-25 last week and was SOLD that I found my "PREMIER" retirement vessel! All that remains is to sell my present (non-Albin) 'hole-in-the-water' - looking forward to becoming a loyal owner-member-contributer!

Since the 70's I've owned (bride sez too many) :D boats, from skiffs to 36-footers, power & sail. I'm convinced the A-25 will suit me best as I continue to explore Puget Sound, San Juans, Gulf Islands and points north with the newest brood of g-kiddos (9 at last count).

I'm delighted to find this cordial & informative group - "request permission to come aboard!"

Pat
It's always easier to stay found than to get un-lost.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: Brief Hello

Post by jcollins »

Hello Pat,
Permission granted. Welcome to Albin Owners Group.

John
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

Welcome to the group. Have you looked at or are you aware of the Albin 27AC? Only 2' longer but a world of difference, especially if you have kids to haul.

More plentyful on the market too.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
Bo Pop Pop
Mate
Mate

Post by Bo Pop Pop »

Thanks for the warm welcome and recommendation regarding the 27. From what I can determine, not so many in the PAC-NW, but a significant number on the East Coast. Is that a fair observation?

In any event, I'll report the result of my quest - hopefully in the not-too-distant future.

Pat
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Welcome Pat: Many of us have started as wannabe Albin owners. The information provided by this great group of owners only makes you work harder to have it happen. Might see you in the area sometime.
My Luhrs is forsale over at Sunset Marina in Gig Harbor and the new to me Albin 35 is in Ontario, Canada waiting come west to BC, Canada. Thereafter it wiil come down to Anacortes, WA.

Hang in there you will find your 27. Must say the group was really helpful to me becoming informed as to Albin's. There are more Albin's in your area that one would expect. Don't know much about the 27 but it seems to be discussed often.

Good Luck with your search. whwells - Anacortes
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

You may want to check out Driftwood a 27' in the sales & swap section. Lots of pictures of a beautiful boat.
Bo Pop Pop
Mate
Mate

Post by Bo Pop Pop »

I'm happy to report that I found EXACTLY what I was looking for in a small cruising boat! Closed last week on a well equipped (heat, A-P, etc.) and nicely maintained 1970 Albin 25 with upgraded Yanmar 3HM35F engine. She'll soon sport the name "PASHA" An Alaska vet; this little rig has lots more adventures in store. We're going to keep 'er at Deception Pass Marina (Cornet Bay) on Whidbey Island, Wa - "Threshold to the San Juan's & beyond . . . "

Spent our 1st overnight aboard last night and had the g-kids out for a delightful day on the water today. Who says a 3' Dogfish can't make a kids daY???? :D
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

Hello Bo Pop Pop. Welcome and as one of your peers do come abroad. It appears you are now and we will be boating in common areas. My recent purchase after over a year of waiting to be an Albin owner is at Richmond, BC. We are doing some clean up and prep. after the long haul form Georgian Bay (Tronto) to the west coast. Expect to head down end of the month. That is if I can make it before winter weather gets me.
Nice looking 25'. It appears we are really close if you are at Deception Point on Whidbey Island. I will be at Ancacortes Marina at least for the foreseeable future. My commutee from Northern Calif. is very long. Might mean a need to get a little closer like Gig Harbor or even Seattle. However, if the road miles does not kill me would perfer to stay up north and see how that goes for cruising into the Canadian Inland waters. So I too started as a Wannable Albin owner a year or more back. Really fine group of people. At some point we western's will find a time to get together. There has been some talk and efforts by the others. Send me a private email and will see about a "cold beer" on the Island. Will head back up in about two weeks. Also have an unsold Luhrs at Sunset Marina in Gig Harbor to watch after until it "pray" sells. Can't say anyone is beating my door down for a Luhrs. Were it an Albin it would be long gone.
My boating history of about 40 years has included everything from mutiple Whalers. a Grady White , Cobalts and my very first a Gray Marine tiny inboard wooden boat. In my young years it was as much fun as a big boater later. Just got back last night after several days in Richmond working on the boat.
Look forward to meeting you on Whidbey Island.
whwells "Howard"
2006 35TE Sportfisher/Conv.
"Nibbles"

Return to “New Member Introductions”